Welcome to the wide crazy world of TJ Klune

As you can see, this is a blog (a blog, you say? You're like the only person in the world that has one!). Here are my promises to you: I promise to up date this as much as I can. I promise that at some point, you will most likely be offended. I promise you may suffer from the affliction the Klunatics know as Wookie Cry Face. I also promise to make this some place where you can see how my mind works.



You've been warned.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Random Thoughts On A Monday.

--I'm exhausted.  Who knew released a book could drain a person so much?  But, on the extreme upside, Bear, Otter, and the Kid (or BOATK as it's being known--more on that later) people seem to really be liking it.  I wish I could say I suspected they would, but how enormously cocky does that sound?  And it couldn't be further from the truth; I was actually terrified.  And now?  It's like number three on Dreamspinners Bestseller list; #4 on Amazon's gay/lesbian Kindle list; it has a perfect 5 star review out of 11 ratings over at ARe (thanks to Lee Brazil for letting me know what that silver star next to it means--bestseller!).  Goodreads seems to be very kind as well with a bunch of reviews and a rating of like 4.6 or something.  I am floored by this and can't even express what that means to me.  And then Amos freakin Lassen reviews my book on his website and gives me his best rating?  holy fuck me sideways.

--I never thought people would respond to it this way.  Those emails I mentioned I received from people in the previous post?  The readers that had bought and read BOATK and wrote to me?  Those keep coming in.  I'm going to get to every single one, so if you haven't gotten a response, I ask that you just be patient with me because I WILL answer everyone.  How could I not?  IF BOATK is a success it's because you all bought it.

--BOATK.  This is how people are referring now to my book.  Conversation with a friend of mine yesterday (as I heard it--remember, I'm running on like zero sleep):

Friend: "So I finished reading boat kay and I have to tell you that I loved it."

Me: "What the fuck is a  'boat kay?'"

Friend: *stares*.  "It's your book, ar-tard.  That's what you started calling it and that's how people are referring to it in their reviews."

Me:  "I knew that."

So BOATK.  It does seem like that name is randomly catching on.  I don't know why, but for some reason, that makes me grin.

--Someone sent me this picture.  There are at least 698 things I can think that I'd like to do to this guy.  I'm still formulating 4567 more.


--I am going to be moving in the next few weeks after living in the same place for the last five years.  Do you know how much shit I've accumulated?  I am so not looking forward to moving. 

--And this pic was also sent to me.  He would be dessert after I got done with the main course above.  Or maybe they'd all happen at the same time.  Sometimes its fun to have dessert for dinner.


--I have one more day off tomorrow before I have to go back to work.  I wonder if they would pay me to not come in.

That's it.  Hot Bears and BOATK.  They don't have to be mutually exclusive.  Hell, if you're a hot bear and you reading BOATK, take a photo and send it in.  Hilarious.

TJ

No comments:

Post a Comment