Welcome to the wide crazy world of TJ Klune

As you can see, this is a blog (a blog, you say? You're like the only person in the world that has one!). Here are my promises to you: I promise to up date this as much as I can. I promise that at some point, you will most likely be offended. I promise you may suffer from the affliction the Klunatics know as Wookie Cry Face. I also promise to make this some place where you can see how my mind works.



You've been warned.

Monday, July 11, 2011

It has begun!!

Would ya look at that?  I'm not computer idiotic after all!  I was even able to get this go over to Facebook. (don't look at me with such sarcastic awe--if you knew me, you'd know how difficult that was.)(and I had help--thanks Michele).

So here's the deal.  My first novel Bear, Otter, and the Kid will be published on 8/12/11 by Dreamspinner Press.  It's a gay dramedy that features misanthropic seagulls, jumping castles, a birthday party that does not end up on To Catch a Predator, the ocean, bad poetry, and the smartest nine year old vegetarian eco-terrorist in training.  It's also a love story between two guys who didn't think they would ever see each other again.  Here's the official blurb:

Three years ago, Bear McKenna’s mother took off for parts unknown with her new boyfriend, leaving Bear to raise his six-year-old brother Tyson, aka the Kid. Somehow they’ve muddled through, but since he’s totally devoted to the Kid, Bear isn’t actually doing much living—with a few exceptions, he’s retreated from the world, and he’s mostly okay with that. Okay that is, until Otter comes home.

Otter is Bear’s best friend’s older brother, and as they’ve done for their whole lives, Bear and Otter crash and collide in ways neither expect. This time, though, there’s nowhere to run from old feelings that threaten to rise. Bear still believes his place is as the Kid’s guardian, but he can’t help thinking there could be something more for him in the world... something or someone.

It's my baby, my first, and I'm excited for the world to see it.  Oh, and I hope you buy it. =) Once I have the cover, I'll post it here for all to see. 

Questions? Comments? Concerns?  We'll figure it out somehow.

TJ

4 comments:

  1. Sounds great- love stories with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just came across this on Dreamspinner. Loved the excerpt! Will definitely be buying this when it comes out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete